As you may have heard, we are releasing a summer tea gift box! We wanted to create something for our customers that was fun, summery, and ideal as a gift for friends or a little treat for yourself.
Also, it’s been a scorcher of a summer so far and we have often been too hot to have a traditional cuppa, so we’ve been making iced tea! It was so crisp and refreshing that we wanted to share this with all of you, so we put together some of our favourite teas along with some fun recipes for different iced teas, cocktails and even some fruity ice lollies!
We have included multiple bags of our favourite teas so that you can make a big jug full of iced tea to keep in the fridge or share – you can also try using different blends to make your own original flavours.
Here’s a little teaser for what kind of recipes we are including in this box. This recipe for a mint and watermelon cooler hits the spot on a hot sunny day, and is great for serving daytime or evening – add a splash of rum or gin to make this tasty beverage into a delicious cocktail!
Watermelon and Mint Iced Tea Cooler
Makes 4 – 6 servings
5 mint tea bags
1.5 litres freshly boiled water
6 – 8 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener
300g watermelon (about a quarter of a regular sized melon)
Sprigs of mint to garnish
Sliced lime (optional)
Plenty of ice cubes to serve
- Add the mint tea bags to a litre sized jug and pour the freshly boiled water on top of the tea bags.
- Add the sugar or sweetener – use a bit less if you prefer, or more if you have a real sweet tooth.
- Stir with a wooden spoon. Let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes – take a small sip to see if the flavour is right for you.
- Remove the tea bags and store in the fridge – in the meantime, chop up your watermelon into cubes.
- Add the watermelon to the tea once it has cooled, and serve with lots of ice cubes, some lime slices and a sprig of mint.
This is a firm favourite here at Tea Towers – the zingy refreshing mint pairs so well with the sweet watermelon, and if you add some slices of lime, it’s just perfection in a glass!
We do include some iced tea recipes in our summer tea boxes but feel free to concoct your own creations using different blends and ingredients! We’d love to see what amazing teas and infusions you come up with – feel free to share on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram @varieteas_uk.